2019 Conference – Call for Workshop Proposals
Workshop Proposals are due by 5pm on Friday, November 2, 2018
SHIFTING THE LENS
The Partnership’s 2019 Statewide Conference on Domestic Violence
March 11-12, 2019
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
6101 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045
We are at a momentous time when all involved in the domestic violence field have the opportunity to step back, shift the lens, broaden our focus and see the bigger picture. All across the state, people continue to engage in courageous conversations while raising these important questions. Together, we’ll explore them at our conference:
1) How do you meet families where they are?
2) How do you reframe the “traditional victim vs. offender” paradigm that can adversely impact families?
3) How do you offer supports that aren’t dependent on the victim leaving or the offender going to jail?
4) How do you hear and what do you hear from communities regarding the impact and effectiveness of your current intervention approaches?
5) How do you address what you are hearing to be accountable to those survivors, families and communities that you serve?
6) How does your work provide better solutions to support people and communities in reaching their full potential?
What would it look like to refocus the lens of our advocacy work? In your workshop proposals, we invite you to share how you are:
– Partnering and working in collaboration with other intersectional movements in California
– Shifting power so underrepresented voices frame our approach
– Supporting and standing with communities grounded in justice and love
– Embracing discomfort and taking informed and inspirational risks to disrupt the status quo
Tell us about your strategies. If you have an innovative workshop idea that inspires action using the themes above, submit a proposal today! Questions? Contact email@example.com.