State Advisory Committee on Sexual Assault Victim Services (SAC)
Request For New Members
The Commission on the Status of Women and Girls is seeking applications for appointment to the State Advisory Committee on Sexual Assault Victim Services (SAC) in the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services. The SAC is authorized to collaboratively work with Cal OES on program development and implementation, to develop criteria for awarding assault cases, and to approve grants awarded to the Rape Crisis, Child Sexual Abuse, and Child Sexual Exploitation and Intervention Programs.
The advisory committee is comprised of professionals who have knowledge and expertise in the areas of sexual assault. In order to meet compliance with the state requirements regarding representation, the Commission is seeking a new committee member from the following discipline/area:
- Medical Professional, experienced in dealing with sexual assault trauma victims/survivors – Voting Committee Member
Six of the eleven Advisory Committee members are appointed by the Commission. SAC committee members are expected to attend regularly scheduled quarterly meetings held in Sacramento or Southern California. Although SAC committee members are volunteers who do not receive compensation for their service, they are reimbursed for their travel expenses to attend scheduled meetings. SAC members participate in the following types of activities:
- Identify, raise, and discuss critical issues within the field of sexual assault, child sexual abuse and child sexual exploitation
- Provide program and funding recommendations to Cal OES
- Provide evaluation and recommendations of public policy as related to sexual assault, child sexual abuse, and child sexual exploitation
- Review and be prepared to discuss meeting agenda items, meeting minutes, and supplemental documentation
- Represent and provide relevant information from the specific field for which he/she has been appointed
Interested parties should send a letter of interest, resume and letters of recommendation (in PDF Form) by July 31, 2019 via email to:
Kendra.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Commission at (916) 651-5405
The Commission hopes to have new members appointed to the SAC as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed and selected candidates will be invited to interview. Upon the completion of the review and approval process, the Commission will notify all interested parties.
For more information on the SAC, visit: https://www.caloes.ca.gov/governments-tribal/grants-management/criminal-justice-emergency-management-victim-services-grant-programs/task-forces-committee-councils