NOTICE OF MEETING
California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls
Full Commission Meeting
Monday, September 9, 2019
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
California State Capitol, Room 126
Sacramento CA, 95814
One or more of the Commissioner(s) will participate in this meeting at the teleconference sites listed below. Each teleconference location is accessible to the public and the public will be given an opportunity to address the Commission at each teleconference location.
The public teleconference site(s) for this meeting are as follows:
- 400 W. 30th Street, Los Angeles CA 90007
- 55 Exchange Place, Suite 406, New York, NY 10005
- 320 West 4th Street, Suite 430, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Public comments will be taken on agenda items at the time the specific item is raised, unless it is a closed session item. Agenda items may be taken out of order to accommodate speakers and to maintain a quorum. Please check the Commission’s website for updates, as the meeting may be rescheduled. For verification of the meeting, access the Commission’s website at www.women.ca.gov. Time limitations for discussion and comment will be determined by the Chair.
Welcome and Call to Order – Chair
Roll Call – Establish Quorum
Approve Minutes of:
- May 13, 2019 Full Commission Meeting
- July 8, 2019 Full Commission Meeting
- Chair’s Opening Remarks and Commissioner Comments
Approve New Executive Committee Slate
Executive Director Report
CSUS Strategic Planning Report – Update
Programs and Policy
- Equal Pay CA
- CA STEAM Symposium
- State Advisory Committee (SAC) on Sexual Assault
- Appoint SAC medical professional position
Legislative Women’s Caucus & Select Committee Update
Public Comment – including matters not on the agenda*
Closed Session (if necessary)
- If necessary, consideration of personnel matters pursuant to Government Code section 11126(a).
- If necessary, consideration of potential litigation matters pursuant to Government Code section 11126(e) Adjourn* In addition to public comment regarding each agenda item, the Commission affords an opportunity to members of the public to address the Commission on items of interest that are within the Commission’s jurisdiction but are not on the noticed agenda. The Commission is not permitted to take action on items that are not on the noticed agenda, but may refer items for future consideration. *In addition to public comment regarding each agenda item, the Commission affords an opportunity to members of the public to address the Commission on items of interest that are within the Commission’s jurisdiction but are not on the noticed agenda, but may refer items for future consideration.
Any person with a disability who wishes to receive this Notice and Agenda in an alternative format, or who wishes to request auxiliary aids or services to participate in the meeting of the Commission, in accordance with State or Federal law, should contact Stephanie Tseu at 916-651-5405 no later than five (5) business days before the noticed meeting day.
The Commission and its subcommittees comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the members of the board is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested.
Please contact Stephanie Tseu at Stephanie.Tseu@women.ca.gov or 916-651-5405 to submit written material regarding an agenda item or to request special accommodations for persons with disabilities, or non-English language translations. Requests for information prior to the meeting may be directed to Christina Bangoy at the California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls at Stephanie.Tseu@women.ca.gov or 916-651-5405. To view this agenda online please visit our website at www.women.ca.gov.