State Advisory Committee on Sexual Assault Victim Services (SAC) Announcement
The Commission on the Status of Women and Girls is seeking applications for appointments to the State Advisory Committee on Sexual Assault Victim Services (SAC) in the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services. The SAC is authorized to collaboratively work with Cal OES on program development and implementation, to develop criteria for awarding assault cases, and to approve grants awarded to the Rape Crisis, Child Sexual Abuse, and Child Sexual Exploitation and Intervention Programs.
The advisory committee is comprised of professionals who have knowledge and expertise in the areas of sexual assault. In order to meet compliance with the state requirements regarding representation, the Commission is seeking to fill several positions on the Committee, including persons with a background from the following disciplines:
- Medical professional, experienced in dealing with sexual assault trauma victims/survivors
- Rape crisis professional, experienced in dealing with sexual assault trauma victims/survivors
- Experienced, trauma-informed professional
Six of eleven the Advisory Committee members are appointed by the Commission. SAC committee members are expected to attend regularly scheduled quarterly meetings held in Sacramento or Southern California. Although SAC committee members are volunteers who do not receive compensation for their service, they are reimbursed for their travel expenses to attend scheduled meetings. SAC members participate in the following types of activities:
- Identify, raise, and discuss critical issues within the field of sexual assault, child sexual abuse and child sexual exploitation
- Provide program and funding recommendations to Cal OES
- Review and be prepared to discuss meeting agenda items, meeting minutes, and supplemental documentation
- Represent and provide relevant information from the specific field for which he/she has been appointed
- Provide evaluation and recommendations of public policy as related to sexual assault, child sexual abuse, and child sexual exploitation
Interested parties must include a letter of interest in the application. Your letter of interest should express your qualifications (in no more than two pages, 12-point font, Times New Roman) to serve on the committee as well as answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in serving on the SAC?
- What knowledge or expertise in the field of sexual violence do you bring to the Committee?
- What do you consider to be the most pressing issue affecting the field of sexual assault?
Interested parties should send a complete application that includes a letter of interest, resume, and three letters of recommendation via email to email@example.com or contact the Commission at (916) 441-9224. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are due by close of business on July 27, 2020.
Applications will be reviewed, and selected candidates will be invited to interview. Upon the completion of the review and approval process, the Commission will notify all interested parties. The Commission will formally appoint the position at its October 2020 meeting.
For more information on the SAC, visit: https://www.caloes.ca.gov/cal-oes-divisions/grants-management/victim-services/task-forces-committee-councils