A proud daughter of Puerto Rican immigrants, Celinda Vázquez was born in New York and moved to Inglewood, California with her family as a child. Ms. Vázquez became aware of injustices and inequities in her community very early in her life and began fighting for change at a young age. Since then, Ms. Vázquez has committed her career to advocating for social justice.
Ms. Vázquez is an accomplished Public Affairs leader with extensive background in government, advocacy, public policy, electoral campaigns and communications. She currently serves as the Vice President of Public Affairs for Planned Parenthood Los Angeles and has a proven track record of creating successful strategic, policy and programmatic change with diverse teams. She has her Bachelor’s Degree from San Diego State University where she double majored in Social Work and Chicano Studies.
Ms. Vázquez is the mother of two young children and loves to volunteer in their respective schools and on the soccer field.
- Commissioners and Staff
- Local Commissions
- Conflict of Interest Code CCSWG
- Request Email Updates
- Meeting Notices
- US Department of Labor Women's Bureau
- US Department of Education Civil Rights Coordinators
- MSMU Status of Women and Girls Report
- CA Women's Wellbeing Index
- Budget Details for CA Commission on the Status of Women & Girls
- CA State Legislative Women's Caucus