If I Am Not Getting Equal Pay, What Can I Do?


If you believe you are not receiving “equal pay”, you may consider:

  • Talking to your boss (and bring a co-worker with you as a witness, to support you and establish that you’re engaging in protected, concerted activity). Please see section on Retaliation.
  • Talk to your coworkers
  • Talk to your Union rep
  • Consult with an attorney
  • Filing a claim with the California Labor Commissioner’s Office 
  • Filing a claim in court
50 Years of advancing issues and continuing action

DISCLAIMER: The materials provided on this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice about any particular issue or problem. The materials do not represent the opinions or conclusions of individual members of the Task Force. The posting of these materials does not create requirements or mandates.