How Do I Create a Résumé?
Do you have an up-to-date-résumé? If not, free résumé templates can guide you as you develop your personalized resume.
Whether you are building your résumé from scratch or have one already, try signing up for LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a social media site you can freely join, similar to Facebook, but for job seekers and those already employed. The site prompts you to enter information about your work experience, education, skills, accomplishments, and interests. Saving your information on a site like LinkedIn is useful:
- It stores your résumé information in one place easily updated.
- You can look at other people’s profiles to think about how to create yours.
- LinkedIn allows you to convert your information into a résumé format.
- You can connect with people who are already in the jobs you want.
Remember as you apply for job:
- Keep track of the jobs you apply and any follow-up you want to do.
- Connect your skills to a job announcement by emphasizing those skills you have that match what the employer is asking for.
- Write a compelling cover letter. There are many websites with examples of cover letters
DISCLAIMER: The materials provided on this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice about any particular issue or problem. The materials do not represent the opinions or conclusions of individual members of the Task Force. The posting of these materials does not create requirements or mandates.