This checklist will help you to ask the right questions to get you started on your job search. Answering these questions and using the free tools suggested above will bring you closer to choosing the right occupation for you and to be paid fairly for the work.
- What are my qualifications, skills, and experience?
- What is my education level?
- What is a reasonable salary/pay range for me to start? To earn after two years?
- What kinds of jobs sound interesting to me?
- How much do people usually earn in this job?
- Is there a gender pay gap in this occupation?
- Is there a demand/anticipated need for this occupation in my area and in the state?
- Who should I talk to find out more about this occupation? (Informational Interviews? Research? Linked in? Associations?)
- Do my current qualifications, skills, and experience already *match* the job requirements?
- What kind of training do I need?
- How and where do I get needed training? Community Colleges? Free online courses? How long will it take?
- How much will the training cost?
- Is there available public transportation to these jobs?
DISCLAIMER: The materials provided on this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice about any particular issue or problem. The materials do not represent the opinions or conclusions of individual members of the Task Force. The posting of these materials does not create requirements or mandates.